I'm just a girl...an emotional girl. I should have known when I slammed my finger in the metal cabinet of my OR this morning that my day would be full of challenges. I wish I could say that my reactions, while maybe not overtly obvious, were that of a girl who is in control of her emotions. I'm not one to really show anger towards other people, but I do get angry and frustrated and it affects ME! Learning to keep the peace on the inside is my real struggle. A friend once told me, "your like a duck, calm above the water, and paddling like heck underneath." She had no idea how right she is. I want to be the girl who not only looks like nothing ever ruffles her feathers, but actually is that girl inside and out. I'm such a complainer and all that does is keep the embers burning on the fires of discord. Things aren't always gonna go my way, but how I react determines how the bumps in the road affect my day. My day turned out perfectly fine, but I let one little snag put a damper on an otherwise pleasant day. Minus the slamming of the finger of course! ;)
"If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self." -Napoleon Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment